- This event has passed.
2017 Sylvan Lake Retreat
August 19, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Come Join Us for the 4th Annual Sylvan Lake Retreat
You have to Register for this Retreat!!
Registration at the Bottom of the Page
Price – FREE (Mostly)
- 10 am: Meet ‘n Greet. Library opens and we gather in the back room for hugs, chatter and claiming of space. Water will be provided but everyone should come caffeinated and breakfasted.
- 10:30 to 12:45ish: Q ‘n A In this annual popular event, each participant asks a deep, penetrating question about the craft or industry and receives feedback from the group. 5 -10 minutes per person.
- 12:45ish to 1:45ish: The general consensus is that attendees would like to see a cold lunch provided in the $10 – $15 range. The caterer I was planning has told me that she has a wedding booked for the same time. I have a bead on another sandwich maker and will come up with a menu for people to order from. I will likely prepay and everyone can pay me on the day. More details to come.
- 1:45ish to no later than 4:30: Something NEW – to kickstart everyone from the post-lunch doldrums, I will host a competition. Everyone will be broken into teams and have to answer skill-testing questions about CaRWA, the romance industry and its history. Prizes, bragging rights and hoots of laughter are expected. If we aren’t kicked out of the library by then, we will proceed to our tips and tricks session which is a kind of inversion from the morning session in which people will offer their best advice of the year based on their experiences.
- 4:30 and onwards: People can depart for their homes or wander up to Top O- the Hill for supper. Again, the menu there is different this year. Guests are required to order from the restaurant that the owner of the golf course owns. (Aren’t small towns great?) Nothing but conviviality planned for that. Each person is responsible for their own bill. Here is the menu: Blondie’s from FB page